Sunday, October 11, 2020
Assignment 6 - Palmer Lee
I have many interests, many of which aren't eternally significant by any means, and I get hyperfixated on one before moving onto another within 3 weeks. However, the one that's stayed with me the most consistently, and the one I get most passionate about, is LGBT+ rights. This topic is very close to home for me, as I'm gay, and live in a world where it is a viable legal strategy in most states to say that the reason you murdered an LGBT+ person was because you "panicked" - this is known as panic defense. I do a lot of research on reasons as to why a person would be homophobic (a lot of which comes down to religion, or it supposedly being 'unnatural'), and then do some more research to find counterarguments (mistranslations in scripture, or the fact that most species exhibit homosexuality). A lot of this information I didn't know beforehand, I always thought that it was only humans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.