I love aquatic life. The vast biodiversity that exists all over our planet's oceans, lakes, and rivers is truly astonishing and every individual creature is just so fascinating to me. I'm especially interested in underwater creatures that aren't fish; the ways things like crustaceans, cephalopods, turtles, mollusks and jellyfish have adapted to life underwater seperate from fishes is just so cool to me. I especially love jellyfish (which aren't really fish) as their simplicity really makes me wonder what it even means to be alive, these creatures branch very close to the base of the tree of life and give us a bit more insight into how life on earth even started in the first place. They don't have brains or eyes, no real direction in life other than to just eat and reproduce and it's so strange to think that at one point creatures like this was all there was on earth. Really the evolutionary history of life as a whole is fascinating to me, just the idea of all these creatures from before our time is awesome to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.