My parents made me go to church when I was a little kid. They sent me to a Christian pre-school and I went to a Christian kindergarten. They made me go to Sunday school and participate in Wednesday night church. As I got older, I believed their was hypocrisy in Christian beliefs because of the thoughts and beliefs of many Christians. Almost every war has been started because of religion. You can look at the Crusades, any of the middle east encounters, the wrath of the British/French/Spanish and they all started because of religious belief. If religious people really believed in the sanctity of life, would they promote fighting? I know I upset my parents - mostly my mom - but I can't help what I feel. I would say that I am an atheist at this point in my life. If there were a God, I do not think he would allow for what is going on to happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.