First off I’m just going to say it straight; I don't read at all. This poses a challenge because this blog post is about the books I have read in the last year, however, without even thinking about it I know this list could easily be counted on one hand. This sounds terrible telling this to my english teacher, but in my defense I didn’t have a formal english class last year to boost my book count plus there was no summer reading. Now for my book list of the last 365 days. Book number 1 goes to Storm of Steel, the only book qualified to make it onto this list. The chances of making it onto this list are lower than winning the lottery. Now as you probably know there is no number 2 on this list. Storm of Steel was required for my book report for AP World History, but was actually quite an entertaining read coming from a person who doesn’t read. Storm of Steel is an autobiography by German soldier Ernst Junger where he takes you through his own experiences of World War 1 and highlights the horrors of war. It’s truly a sad story as throughout the book he meets new friends just to see them die in his arms, but also to see your whole platoon get picked off in a split second by a sudden mortar explosion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.