I wouldn't say there is one topic that gets me fired up other than psychology but that topic is so broad its hard to ever narrow down one thing in it that always get me fired up. One thing that is psychology related but can also be applied in different fields is the labeling of people with mental disorders. The correct way to label people has always been a long debated thing. On one hand, it can be good to be labeled to make sure you get the needed treatments and resources in your daily life so that you can still function at a high level. On the other hand, being labeled with a mental disorder, depending on what it is and the severity of it, can cause others to see you differently. The stigma of the mental disorder you may have may not be an accurate reflection of who you are but people can see you as such just because you simply have that label.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
-
Annotated Bibliography Boysen, Guy A. “Exploring the Relation between Masculinity and Mental Illness Stigma Using the Stereotype Content M...
-
After working at my recent job for 8 months, I have made some of my best friends there. A lot them are older than me and have gone through ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.