I chose the director Taika Waititi to do this post about and watched the movies What We Do in the Shadows, and Hunt for the Wilder People. The first one is a mockumentary comedy about vampires and the second is another comedy about a “bad egg” that gets lost in the wilderness with his new foster dad. The premise of both films are pretty different, but I think Waititi has a distinct style so you can still tell he directed both movies. I don’t know how to describe it but the comedy in his movies is really effective. The first time I watched both movies coincidentally, my parents had to force me into watching it with them and I came in determined not to enjoy the movies just to spite my parents, but by like five minutes in I was laughing my butt off. I don’t really know what else to say other than I know he directed Thor: Ragnorak or whatever it is and even though I really don’t like superhero movies, based on all the movies I’ve seen directed by Waititi and not just those two I think maybe I’ll give it a try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.