Something that has stuck with me and I try really hard to keep in mind is “don’t spend more than five minutes worrying about something that won’t matter in five years.” Obviously I don’t take this totally literal or else I would virtually get nothing done, but I like more of the message that this has. My mom used to say this to me when I was little because I would get so worried about what other people thought, things I had to get done, and things I had already done that I couldn’t change anything about. This was her way of telling me that everything is going to work out and eventually, no matter how bad something went, it wouldn’t matter so much anymore. I try to remember this advice when I get worked up over something to remind myself that everything is going to work out just fine and whatever I’m trying to do is enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.