I think one of the biggest setbacks I've ever had was not getting into the academy on my first try. When I was in middle school I already knew that I wanted to go to Henry Clay and wanted to be in the Academy because my sister was in it and I had heard such great things about it from her. When I first took the test though early in my 8th grade year I didn't make the cutoff which was devastating to me. I then found out that I would have another shot at making it in 6 months later in June so I decided to do as much as I could to ensure that this time I would make the cutoff. Luckily it paid off and I made it in on my second try, but it was a really eye opening experience for me and taught me about not giving up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.