One problem that I have that I'd like to solve would be my insecurities. Especially my insecurities surrounding school. I often feel like I am not as smart as my peers or that I don't deserve to be in the academy. It's not because I don't meet the requirements or that I am behind in any classes but I feel like everyone around me is just so smart so I put a lot of pressure on myself. I guess I have an issue with perfectionism. If I get less than an A, then I will feel guilty and bad about myself. I think this is worse for academy kids because everyone tells you how smart you are and how you are going to go far in life which while appreciated, puts a lot of pressure on you to meet their expectations. I struggle immensely with feeling like I am not doing enough. You know I have never gone into a test or even a quiz thinking that I have done my best to prepare? I could have studied for weeks but my brain will always tell me that I could have done more and that I should have studied more. To be honest, I am unsure of the steps that I could take to solve this issue just because I have struggled with it for so long. If I could solve this problem I think not only would I be happier but more confident in my intelligence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.