While I haven’t had much time to read books within the past year, I have read a few. One of them is called Sea of Poppies, and it’s about India in the 1830’s, right before the Opium wars started. While reading the book was required for a project, I ended up thoroughly enjoying it, and I connected with several of the main characters. Another book I read was The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. This book is a prequel to the Hunger Games trilogy, and it’s told from the perspective of the main antagonist of the original trilogy - President Snow. While the book itself wasn’t particularly profound, I do enjoy reading science fiction and fantasy novels. I also started another book called The Horse Whisperer. My grandma had lent it to me so I tried to read it, but I couldn’t really get into it. It seemed to be well written, but realistic fiction isn’t really the type of thing I like to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.