As someone with anxiety, I'm constantly questioning and rethinking why I believe what I believe. It's a constant and overwhelming cycle that never seems to end. I'm a lot better now, but in the past I've overthought my decisions in nearly every scenario from what I should've said to what I should've done or worn...It's insane. Anyways, I think what really got me out of that was challenging what I was overthinking. it started with little things where I would try and use logic to convince myself that it was nothing I needed to worry about. In other words, it was allowing myself to do certain things and realizing that no one actually noticed or cared. I really don't feel like giving examples just because of how personal some of this is, but I do feel like I have overcome being so self-conscious. My anxiety still exists, but it's different now and not as controlling in such minor areas. I'm hoping that in the future I can continue to successfully challenge myself to overcome this. It's always going to be a part of me, but I really want to get better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.