I remember at some point I struggled with my idea of religion. My mother brought me up as Christian. We never went to church or anything but she always did (and still does) have us read bible stories from a large children’s bible book every Sunday. Strangely enough I really don’t remember what caused me to stray from my idea of religion. Maybe a year ago I stopped praying every night (which was always done previously) and actually thought, “does this even matter?” I think what put the idea there was my boyfriend. I asked him about what his religion was and he said he was atheist. I guess that’s what got me thinking but I’m not sure what else contributed to it because I know that couldn’t have been it when I think back on it now. I just remember that when I gained my faith back it was actually more so because of my anxiety of not having a prayer to rely on each night as if I didn’t ask someone to make sure everything was okay every night then it wouldn’t be okay. That was something I struggled with for a bit but I like to think I have it figured out now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.