The summer before 9th grade my dad had my family take a 2 month trip to latin america just to travel out of the country and see places along with learn some spanish. I was not at all wanting to go as i don't like spanish (despite being in ap spanish), and i would have much rather read at home or spend time with my friends. but unfortunately i had no say in the matter and so we went to several latin american countries changing our route in the middle of the trip due to riots in nicaragua and so not exactly having a definite way home. We purposefully tried to stay away from touristy places because then we wouldn't get the true cultural experience. And so i often saw extreme poverty, but in that i saw people finding joy in extreme poverty, they were grateful for any help that they got and seemed to have a positive outlook on life, as that was their usual, this helped me realize that things don't really matter, and yet i still want the things and feel a need to achieve something great. It also helped me in my spanish comprehension and speaking level.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.