I geek out about Star Wars, and I use Wookieepedia to learn about it. I used to fall into the rabbit hole of links that everyone has fallen into at one point or another. Star Wars lore is impressive, and the part I like the most is the Chiss Ascendancy and Chiss species. My favorite character in the Chiss story arcs is Mitth'raw'nuruodo, or Thrawn. I enjoy reading about the Chiss because of how different their species and culture is from anything on earth. Chiss shares many features with humans, but biologically, the most significant difference is their blue skin and red eyes. The Chiss culture is very militaristic and ruled by the Ruling Families. Each Family oversaw a specific part of everyday work. In contrast, the heads of each Family met in a council for significant decisions. For example, the Eighth Ruling Family or the Mitth oversaw the Chiss Expansionary Defense Force. At the same time, the Family's head sat on the ruling council and influenced all matters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.