Something I care about a lot would be asylum seekers who come to America looking for protection. Its pretty insane to me how difficult the our government makes it for these people to come into our country. Someone could be fleeing from a gang run all the way to the border then be told to wait outside the country for a court date. Another thing I think about is death row and how people can be killed for a crime they didn't commit. There are countless stories of people who are put on death row and then later found to be innocent when it was to late. Another similar issue I'm passionate about is prison labour and how these prisoners can be exploited for work. A good example of this was when prisoners were used to fight the California fires and then given almost no money for it. The prison labour system also creates a system were the people in charge of prisons want to keep the prisoners in it so that they have a work force.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 26 - Grace Barnett
One suggestion that I have for future classes is that you should maybe spend more time practicing each essay that is on the exam. I know re...
-
In my entire life time I have only been out of the country once as far as i can remember. It was during a trip to Alaska where we had to sp...
-
This might be my least favorite assignment. I don't like going to see movies. I hate being stuck in the theater with the overwhelming ...
-
Over the past year I haven't read very many books but I have read Thrawn: Alliances by Thimothy Zahn and The Lathe of Heaven by Urs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.